Today I'm chatting with Lillie Vale about her upcoming book, Small Town Hearts, which comes out in less than a week! If you haven't heard about the book, I recommend you read my review linked here and below, and if you'd like to preorder it now, you can do so here. If you'd like to connect with Lillie, you can find her on Twitter at @LillieLabyrinth and on Instagram at @labyrinthspine, and you can find me in the comments below, on Twitter at @readwriteandme, and Instagram at @readingwritingandme!
1. Small Town Hearts is full of mouthwatering food, beautiful scenery, and summer fun. Do you have a favorite memory about writing the book or a scene you enjoyed most?
2. A major theme of the book is a fear of change, which is tough because B is facing the adult world after graduating high school. What drew you to writing an Older YA story, and do you have any advice for readers like B?
3. Friendships, both outgrowing old, possibly toxic ones and finding new people, are a major part of the plot. Do you have any advice for writers who struggle to write friend dynamics?
4. Since this is your debut, you’re closer to your querying days than many authors. What was that journey like for you, and do is there anything you learned through the process that would help currently querying writers?
5. Small Town Hearts hits shelves on March 19th, but for those who will want to read more of your work, can you talk about any upcoming projects you have in the works?